Application for on-site parking at NTNU
Criteria and procedures for applying for temporary on-site parking on the Gløshaugen plateau or at Kalvskinnet for health or social reasons.
Norsk versjon: Søk om nærparkering på NTNU
Topic page about parking
Do you have a health or social related need to temporarily park close to your place of work or study at Gløshaugen or at Kalvskinnet? You can apply for on-site parking at the Gløshaugen plateau in parking zones A and B or in zone K at Kalvskinnet.
- Map of parking spaces at Gløshaugen zone A (in Norwegian)
- Map of parking spaces at Gløshaugen zone B (in Norwegian)
- Map of parking spaces at Kalvskinnet (in Norwegian)
Before you apply #
- You must have registered your car in NTNU's registration number database before you can apply for on-site parking.
- The HR and HSE Division process the applications.
- The processing period can be up to 4 weeks.
Criteria for on-site parking #
- Can be granted for health or social reasons
- Applications based on health reasons will be prioritised
- Parking is granted for a maximum of 1 year at a time
- This scheme only applies to NTNU employees and students
- The NTNU rate (5 kr/hour) also applies to on-site parking.
Apply for parking for health reasons #
You can apply for on-site parking if you have injuries or afflictions that make it difficult for you to move over longer distances. In these cases, the HSE Division will process the application.
- Register your car in NTNU's registration number database.
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com with your contact information, and you will be contacted
Apply for parking for social reasons #
The Human Resources Department processes applications for on-site parking for social reasons.
When the new system takes effect on 1 September, we will unfortunately approve very few applications based solely on leaving and picking up children in kindergarten. We have a large number of employees who have children in kindergarten/SFO, which is why this alone will not automatically give the right to on-site parking.
Applications for on-site parking for health reasons (processed by the HSE Division) will be prioritised before applications for on-site parking for social reasons. In cases where on-site parking for social reasons is granted, those who apply as next of kin will be prioritised before those who have to pick up children in kindergarten/SFO, etc.
On-site parking for leaving / picking up children in kindergarten/SFO will only be considered if it results in significant time saving, and single parents and parents with several children in different kindergartens/SFO will be prioritised.
- Register your car in NTNU's registration number database
- Download application form (in Norwegian) (docx)
- Fill out and send the application form and required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that applications for health reasons are prioritised before social reasons.
Temporary parking permissions #
The permissions are temporary and granted to those who need them the most. Consequently, applicants can lose their parking space if other applicants have more important needs for on-site parking. In these instances, the time of notice for on-site parking is 3 months.
The on-site parking system will be evaluated regularly with the employee representatives.
Questions about on-site parking should be directed to: email@example.com