Here you will find recommendations, tips and help to get started with online teaching. Whether you want students to participate in real-time learning or sew together videos, resources and activities for a holistic online experience, you will find tools and procedures here.
Please note: English content on this page is under development and translation.
Teaching real time
When students participate in teaching at the same time as you. Other words used about this, are streaming, live webinar and synchronous teaching.
Video in teaching
Video can be used in teaching in many different ways. Students often benefit more from several shorter videos than a longer recording of an entire lecture. Smaller videos are easier to build into a holistic teaching plan and can be used more flexibly afterwards.
Student active learning
Activities that are not pure lectures from you to students, but that initiate some activity from the participants. For example group works, collaboration and discussions. Student active learning is suitable in both syncronous and asynchronous learning situations.
- Group work in Blackboard or collaborative rooms in Blackboard Collaborate
- Group work and breakout rooms i Zoom
- Opinion exchange: Chat rooms in O365 Teams or chat rooms in Blackboard
- Collaborative writing in Office 365
- Engage the class with for example Mentimeter
- Padlet is an interactive whiteboard where teachers and students can collaborate in real time creating, discussing and organizing content
- Engage the class with Kahoot (free access premium)
Recommended - official NTNU-tools with support
Alternative - good tools, but without NTNU support
Guidance and compulsory assessment
- Record feedback to students in Blackboard
- Record video feedback showing the student's work and can comment in Panopto
- Written feedback in Blackboard
- Assessment of student work in Blackboard
- Video tutorials (meeting) with one or more students in Zoom
- Tasks, tests, assignments and surveys in Blackboard
Privacy in online teaching
Information on how to deal with privacy in online education is currently only in Norwegian. Translation is coming.
Privacy in recording of online teaching (only in Norwegian).
Policy of processing of personal data (only in Norwegian).
Teaching from your own workplace or home office
NTNU offer a multitude of tools to enable lectures from your own workplace or home office.
- Tools and methods for teaching from your workplace or home office.
- Recommendations on equipment, ergonomics, safety and how to connect to the Internet while working from home.