I'm interested in innovations and entrepreneurship - who can I talk to?
Start NTNU (in Norwegian) is a student union that can give you advice and inspiration if you are interested in entrepreneurship. They also organise a number of entrepreneur events in Trondheim. NTNU has Start chapters run by local students in Gjøvik and Ålesund.
I have a business idea - how do I start a business?
- Spark NTNU (in Norwegian) offers free guidance and support for students that want to start a business and have concrete ideas and plans.
- Ålesund Kunnskapspark provides counselling, office spaces and help with financing for entrepreneurs.
- Venture Cup (in Norwegian) – learn how to develop your business idea and compete against other entrepreneur businesses in Norway. Study points are awarded.
- Take Off (in Norwegian) – week-long intensive course where you learn how to develop a business idea. Study points are awarded.
- Master of Science in Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Society
- NTNU School of Entrepreneurship
Subsidies and finances
- NTNU Discovery – financial help to help you initiate ideas and projects that can become commercially successful.
- Climate-KIC – EU initiative to help funding new solutions to climate change.
- Innovator (in Norwegian) – many prizes are awarded to skilled entrepreneurs. Innovator is the biggest prize event in Mid-Norway.
- Innovation Norway – national support schemes for entrepreneurs.
Network and entrepreneur communities
- NTNU Accel – membership-based accelerator for entrepreneur businesses. NTNU Accel and TrønderEnergi run Watts Up (in Norwegian), the first renewable energy incubator in Norway.
- Digs – coworking spaces in Trondheim organized byt other entrepreneurs
- Work-Work – coworking spaces in Trondheim for development of games and apps.
- Atelier Ilsvika – meeting place where entrepreneurs within the finer arts and culture can meet commercial representatives
- NxtMedia (in Norwegian) – industrial cluster in Trondheim in Media Technoloy and Innovation
- UT prosjektet – a mid-Norwegian network for technology businesses with a focus on sales and marketing
- Ålesund Kunnskapspark – a regional hub for innovation, business development and social development
The mentors at Spark NTNU (in Norwegian) will help you bring your idea to the next level no matter how much work you already have put into it.
You can meet and speak with like-minded people at Fram, the students’ entrepreneurship and innovation centre. At Fram, there are regular meetings and workshops on entrepreneurship. You can find a list of events on Fram's Facebook page.
Get updates and follow entrepreneurs in Trondheim
- TrondheimTech – Facebook page on innovation and entrepreneurship.