Organize a conference 1-2-3
Contact NTNU konferanser (only in Norwegian) for help to organise your event; you can’t put a price on advice. You can do it all on your own or buy the services you need.
Location: Find a venue
- Create an economic framework for the conference.
- Create a project number if you are planning a larger event. Contact your Financial Adviser.
- Create a communications plan (for webpages, social media, posters, etc.)
- Call for papers: At academic conferences, NTNU VIDERE can offer an online registration system that handles the paper submissions.
- Preparation: Ask the participants to report any allergies, food preferences in relation to religious beliefs or other arrangements that need to be made.
- Book flights and hotels for the invited speakers.
- Order food and drink
- Book streaming or recording from the Multimedia Centre
- Contact the AV Services if you need lighting, speakers or TV-screens
- Order conference materials
- Order gifts for keynote speakers.
- Order brochures and the science magazine Gemini to give to the participants.
- Contact Custodial Services for assistance when using NTNU’s buildings and facilities. You can also borrow whiteboards and poster stands from Custodial Services.
- Plan how to organise arrival to the conference and wardrobe solutions for the participants.
- Plan seating arrangements if a formal dinner is part of the conference.
- Plan how the participants can evaluate the conference. You can use Machform or Office 365 to create web surveys (In Norwegian).
- Signs: Make sure people can find the conference venue.
- Wireless network: Inform the participants about access to the wireless network
- Hashtag (if relevant): Inform the participants about the conference’s hashtag on Twitter.
- Phone numbers: Remember to make a list of important phone numbers (food suppliers, entertainment, medical assistance, technical assistance, etc.).
- Register the participants, hand out name tags.
- Have coffee available for first-comers.
- Be prepared to welcome journalists.
- Make Gemini and brochures from NTNU available.
During the conference
- Take pictures and document the conference.
- Distribute evaluation forms (or send by e-mail).
When the event has several partners
The distribution of responsibility concerning finances, visual profile and coordination must be clear for all partners.
Contact the Communications division if you need advice.