As an NTNU employee, you are entitled to an ID card with your name and picture. The card serves as your:
- key card to allow you access to specific NTNU buildings
- library card
- printer access card (for some employees)
- ID card
Please wear your employee card, and keep it visible if you are on campus after opening hours. If requested by NTNU's duty officers, you are obliged to show them your employee card. The access card is personal and it is not allowed to lend or otherwise transfer it to others.
New Employee Card
Step 1: Take photo and choose PIN
For logging in, use your NTNU username and password. After you take or upload your photo, you will be prompted to choose a PIN code, and select the place where you will collect the completed card.
Step 2: Collect your card
You can collect your card the same day, as long as your boss has approved the access request in the standard access request system (TBS). Bring a valid ID to retrieve your employee access card from the Security services office in Trondheim (Vakt og service), or the relevant service centre in Gjøvik or Ålesund. Pick up your card here:
ID card for guests?
Use this form to apply for ID card for guests at NTNU. (Only in Norwegian)
Guests in Ålesund must contact Campus IT in C-block, 2nd floor.
Please bring a valid ID and retrieve the card at the Security services office (Vakt og service) in Trondheim or at the service centre in Gjøvik and Ålesund. Your manager must have sent an email to the Security services office (Vakt og service) in advance for a new card.
Card is worn out?
If your ID card is worn out, you can get a new card by turning in your old card.
Extend your access?
Basic access and access to Traka key lockers for car pool keys will be added automatically given that all information in the HR portal is OK.
If you need extended access, please contact your manager.
What are the photo requirements?
The image you submit for use on your access card must be similar to a passport photo. Read the photo requirements for access cards.
- Map: Central Building 2, 2nd floor
- Monday to Friday: 07:45–11:30 and 12:00–14:50
- Phone: 918 97 373
- NTNU Help
As an employee at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (MH), you need two different cards and the two processes are separate and provide different accesses:
- The NTNU card is used throughout NTNU. You must set up either Dragvoll or Gløshaugen as the collection point, even if the card is to be collected at the Fred Kavli building on Øya:
- The Fred Kavli building
- Map: Olav Kyrres gate 9, Building Management Section, entrance from the backyard
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday: 08:30–10:00 and 13:00–14:30
- St.Olavs hospital has ID cards for all buildings they own. The card is picked up at the Supply Center on the island.